Sunday, August 30, 2015

Random Things

A few random things.

First a few pictures that I have taken recently.

Wild Sunflowers.

Sunset taken on a smoky evening.  I always marvel at the beauty that smoke filled air creates.   Until I stop and think about what the cause of the smoke is doing to people.  Then it makes me sad.

A random picture of the mountains that I took with the camera sitting on top of an old table that my brothers were tearing the paper covering off of.

'Just A Song At Twilight'
  I have read the Laura Ingalls books for many years.  These Happy Golden Years has always been my favorite.  A few years ago I was introduced to Celtic Thunder.  And one of their songs that my older sister Billie and I would sing together was, 'Just A Song At Twilight'.


Then a few months ago I was re-reading These Happy Golden Years.  When I reached the night before Laura and Almanzo's Wedding, I found something interesting.  That night Pa asks Laura what songs she wants him to play and she tell him that she wants to hear all the old ones.  So he plays them all and then plays a special song for the girls.   It is 'Just A Song At Twilight'.  I almost cried!!!  (Billie had just moved away and I was really missing her.)

And some of our kittens.  These pictures were taken a few months ago so they are now a lot bigger.  Most of my family are VERY big LOTR fans so it was very natural for us to give these kittens the names of some of Tolkien's characters.  Since The Hobbit is the only story my little siblings know and they were helping name the kittens, they all got Dwarf names.

Kili

Kili
Fili

Fili
One problem is.....I think that Fili and Kili might be girls.  I know.  And then this cat's name fits him perfectly.

Bombur

Bombur
And because they were absolutely too funny, these pictures of Bombur and my little sister Joni's dog.  These were taken one right after the other.  I love them because they capture the attitudes of the cat and dog towards each other perfectly!

Bombur

Daisy


I have found that random things like that, often make my day.



4 comments:

  1. Random things do make the day!!!!

    Beautiful pictures and love the story of the song and ingalls book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love random things they just have a way of cheering me up too!!!! ~Taz

    ReplyDelete