Sunday, December 25, 2016

A Very Merry Tag


  I borrowed this Tag from Lois Johnson over at You, Me and A Cup of Tea.

Does it snow where you live around Christmas?
  Yes.  Usually.  Though this year it can't decide whether to stay or not. 
 eta: It has finally come to stay!


Do you get a real tree or a fake tree?
  We don't get a tree.  Our house is far to small, but if we did, I would want a real one.


What is your favorite Christmas movie?
  The Mistle-tones!  I used to watch it every year on December 15th with one of my older sisters.  When she moved out last year, I watched it instead with a good friend.  Sadly we weren't able to do it this year because NETFLIX TOOK IT DOWN!!!!  I am still wailing over that!


Where in the world would you like to spend Christmas the most?
  In a farmhouse in the Vermont hills, or in Ireland. 


Which fictional/literary character would you like to spend Christmas with the most?
   I think Christmas on the Flying U Ranch or with the 12 Princesses of Ituria would be a lot of fun.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
  Traditional carol?  O Holy NightContemporary song?  This Is Christmas, Christmas Secrets, Winter Wonderland and Baby Please Come Home.  My favorite versions of the last two named songs are from above mentioned Favorite Christmas Movie but since I can't find them any where now, I linked to my second favorite versions.


What is you Favorite Christmas Book/Story (besides, ya know, THE story)?
  Oh! that's a tough one.  Probably Grace Livingston Hill's The Substitute Guest.  Or her Astra.

Which do you prefer: multicolored lights or white lights?
   White lights.

What time period/decade would you most like to spend Christmas in?
  It's a hard race between the Regency period, Victorian era and the 1930's.


Which period drama has the best Christmas scene/episode?
  Of all the ones I have watched, Emma 2009 with Romola Garai.



May your day be full of Love and Peace this Christmas Day.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. WE WILL FIGHT NETFLIX.

    Christmas with Thorin Oakenshield and his Company would be an experience, for sure. But I think it's one I'd like to try, if I could.

    I didn't use to like O Holy Night, but it's definitely grown on me this season. My favorite is Carol of the Bells, especially the versions by Pentatonix and the bird and the bee.

    Merry Christmas!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES WE WILL!!! (Someone told me i should write them a letter of complaint!)

      Oh that would definitely be amusing!!

      I love Trans-Siberian Orchestra's version of Carol of the Balls.

      Delete