Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Tale of Two Cities



 All right.  A Tale of Two Cities has been sitting on my bookshelf for over six months, but I was stalling about reading it because I thought that it was going to be boring.......WRONG!!!!  
I read it in two days.  
Granted I wasn't doing much else those two days, so I had lots of reading time, but I was still kind of surprised that I made it through in two days!  It was...well, not exactly what I was expecting!
  I knew the basic story line of ATTC - Mel told me a couple of years ago - but it was so much more then just two guys falling in love with the same girl and one guy sacrificing himself for the other and a lot of long boring stuff mixed in..  (Which yes, is what I thought it was.)

  So Mr. Lorry was, well, an old dear.  The way that he takes care of, and is so fatherly to Lucie, is really, really sweet.

  Doctor Manette's story was fascinating!!

  Charles Darnay was.....you know, I can't quite find the words!!

  And Sydney Carton.  The way that man perseveres.
Searching through my draft posts, I found this one that I wrote a long time ago.  Like ages ago!  I have not read the book since, but whenever it comes to mind, I still think "Wow, what an amazing story!"  How many of you have read it, and what did you think?
 

7 comments:

  1. I looooove that book so much ;D Charles Dickens is not a boring author ;D Two days is fast though ;p Not a small book ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the one who gave it to me!

      And yes, he's not a boring author, but this is still the only one of his books that I've read. I haven't even read A Christmas Carol!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, this book is so good! It's funny how it comes off as boring at first though, I felt the same way when my mom gave it to me. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The only reason I was interesting in reading it, was because it's a French Revolution story and I love stories from that time. Have you ever read the Scarlet Pimpernel stories?

      Delete
  3. It's actually on my TBR list! Although I won't be able to get to it for some time .. But now it's something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is my favorite Charles Dickens novel! I have read five, and this is the best! Oliver Twist and Great Expectations are good as well.

    ReplyDelete