Sunday, September 22, 2019

Well...Hello

  So, I've been absent for a rather long time.  Life just picked me up and swept me away and jeepers, it's been a very interesting year!

  In the seven months of my absence, some pretty big changes have happened!

    To begin with...I moved!  Not far, simply 40 miles north of my previous location, but I did move from the country to a 55,000 pop. town.  That's been an adjustment!!  And for the first time in 14 years, there will be no horde or gaggle (which ever term you prefer) of children perched at a fence, or a window on the rainy years, to watch the cows come down from summer pasture this weekend.

    I also attended the nearby State Fair for the first time in 11 years.  It was amazing!  Even more so because most of my younger siblings had either never experienced it before, or were too young to remember.  Plus we had my niece and nephew with us.  Also, you can see something on a food vendor menu and when you eat it, find that it's a disappointment.  Corndogs though, they never disappoint.

    I've been hanging out with The Munchkins aka my niece and nephew, a lot.  I went down to babysit at their house twice and then they've been at are house several days out of the week, every week for a while.  I'd somewhat forgotten how amusing little, little kids can be. 

    I've also made amazing new friends and grown much closer to old ones. 
    My dear friend, Keturah Lamb, came to visit before she went off to Germany.  It actually happened before we moved, and we went on a little hike up through a gorgeous mountain gap nearby.

    I am also looking forward to hopefully receiving a visit from two more dear friends, PioneerGirl and MovieCritic.  If all goes well, they will pop by and be the first of my friends to visit me in the new house!

    Back in March, my oldest girlfriend returned from her mission in Canada and we got to catch up after 18 months.  She took me out for lunch and it was so good to just sit and talk again.

    And the lovely Olivia and I were able to squeeze in a movie night - er - afternoon, where we watched a bit of a TV show we both love.  We need to do that again, Olivia!

    Oh, I did get to go see three movies in theatre, Avengers: Endgame, Aladdin and Spiderman: Far From Home.  Loved all three, though there were a few irritating moments in both Marvel movies, but Aladdin was the absolute best!


  And that's pretty much a wrap on what I've been doing.  Tomorrow I will join in Hamlette's Tolkien Party and maybe do the Classic's tag that Keturah tagged me for.

11 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear what you've been up to! And ahhhh, blogging friend visits; they're the best. :) So happy for you!

    YES, we definitely need to do that again sometime! Can't wait to start brainstorming movie/tv options . . . we'll have to do that soon, I hope. :)

    Ooh, looking forward to your Tolkien tag answers! And I love the quotes of his that you have on your sidebar, by the way. ;)

    Hope you're doing well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      We should try to do Aladdin if at all possible!

      You know, that man amazes me more and more. I'm gonna talk about that in a blog post for the party.

      I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking! <3

      Delete
  2. OHMYGOSH. ERUDESSA. I'VE MISSED YOU! *gasp* "few irritated moments"?! Do tell!

    Can't wait to read your answers to the tags!! I've been coming back infrequently but I hope to stay for longer this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fawnabelle! I have been gone for far too long and I am super glad to be back!

      Delete
  3. You know what would be so fun!? If we could orchestrate all of us blogging girls to come see you at the same time ;p

    Also, there's no maybe about the classic tag. You must do it!!!!!

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness gracious! We'd need to rent a whole hotel to make that happen! But oh man would it be a hoot!!

      Yes, Miss Bossy!!

      Delete
    2. Hey, girls don't need that much space! I've been squished into a single pick up with my entire family ;p

      Haha, happy to claim the title ;D

      Delete
    3. :)

      And yes, I know I haven't posted the tag answers yet, but who knew answering it would be so hard?

      Delete
  4. I really hope that we can meet up again! That would be awesome.

    We've seen the same movies in the theater! I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Far From Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you all must keep me updated on when you are coming through! And we shall DISCUSS!! Did you hear though, Disney and Marvel settled their dispute so now Spiderman is back in the MCU!

      Delete
    2. Yay!! I'm so glad that they got it all worked out and I can't wait to see more Spiderman!!!

      Delete