Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Fab Five ~ Movie/TV Heroines





And I'm back!  Let's see which heroines made it onto today's list.

Also, don't forget to check out Rebekah's post.


General Leia Organa ~ Star Wars


Okay, who doesn't love this woman!  I mean, wow, she's a total badass and I love every single thing about her.  And it breaks my heart that she is gone now, not just the character, but the actress as well.
But how fitting was it that Luke's last words to her onscreen were:
"No one's ever really gone."


Rose Tyler ~ Doctor Who


Now so far, Rose is the only companion I really know, but I just love her!  She's smart, spunky, sassy and sweet as can be.  And that little thing she does with her tongue is totally adorable!!


Katie Meaghaid ~ The Decoy Bride


Katie lives on a little Scottish island taking care of her terminally ill mum and writing travel guides for the island.  Then this fancy celebrity couple (played by David Tennant and Alice Eve) come to the island to be married, and when the paparazzi catches on, Katie is hired to act as a decoy.  Of course, things don't go right ans shenanigans and high-jinks ensue.  It's one of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen and I love it!!  Kelly MacDonald is a very good actress and I love this role of hers!


Chae Young Shin ~ Healer (Korean Drama)


Now, I originally told myself that I wasn't going to do any heroines from the the same movies/shows I did heroes from, but I just had to put Young Shin on here.
Like Healer, this girl has been through a lot of rough stuff, but it only shaped and hardened the diamond she is.  A reporter for an online gossip magazine, she's the funniest, bubbliest little thing and runs smack dab into trouble without looking either way.  Her father is a lawyer who takes cases for those with little funds, and he often defended criminals.  When they were released from jail, he would find them jobs and help them start down a new road.  Therefore, they often hung out at his coffee shop a lot, and taught Young Shin their various skills at a young age.  She can pick locks and pockets like the veriest street rat and her skills cause a rather funny scene once.
Jung Soo takes her to a private place of his and he always gets there by picking a lock.  He starts to pick it, but then remembers she is with him (she doesn't know who he really is at this point, she thinks he just the new intern at the office) and says that he forgot the key.  She waves him aside and nonchalantly picks the lock with a hairpin...and then realizes what she just did.  It's absolutely hilarious. 


Cinderella ~ Disney's Cinderella (2015)


 Cinderella was never my favorite fairytale, and I found the animated Disney movie to be completely boring, but the live-action, was fantastic!
Cinderella has actual character and emotions and Lily James was absolutely the perfect person to play her!  So yes, this is a version of Cinderella that I love.


Well, I hope you all have fun reading about these women and I can't wait to share the book heroines with you!
See you all later!


3 comments:

  1. General Leia Organa!!!! We watched The Last Jedi again last night, and she is the best!!! Oh, I cry so much in that movie.

    Same! I never really liked the animated Cinderella, but the live-action is in my top 10 favorite movies ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, The Decoy Bride! That was a fun one.

    Cinderella '15 is such a special movie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to all of them!!!! Well I can't say much for the drama girl. I haven't seen that drama yet

    ReplyDelete