Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Fab Five ~ Movie/TV Heroes


The lovely Rebekah and I have begun a new blog series, that - as you can see above - is called Fab Five.  On Tuesdays and Fridays we will be talking about five characters, scenes, settings, etc. that we enjoy from different books, movies and TV shows.  Movies/TV will be Tuesday and Books will be Friday.

I hope you enjoy these posts and feel free to join in if you want!  If you want to use the graphics I created, just shoot me an email at (fromtheashes2931[at]gmail[dot]com) and I'll send them over!
  


Soo Jung Hoo - Healer (South Korean TV drama)


Jung Hoo/Healer, is my favorite kdrama hero.  He is smart, funny, incredibly good looking, but also has this depth that is just amazing.  He's been through a lot of hard times, but it has turned him into an amazing young man.


Zorro/Don Diego de la Vega - Zorro (1957/59 TV Show)

  
Now I don't watch a whole lot of old TV shows, nor many old westerns, but who doesn't love Zorro?  It is possible that I might have just the teeniest bit of a thing for masked heroes.  Just a smidge of a thing! ;)  But seriously, he's just the coolest ever and I adore watching this show.  But I must confess, I like the men's costumes more that the ladies in this show.  Those old Spanish style suits are just so gorgeous!!


Porthos, Athos, D'Artangan and Aramis - The Three Musketeers (2011 film)


Okay, okay, okay, I know this is four guys rolled into one, but they are just so cool!!  I mean, really, just look at them!!  Now I've never read TTM book, and this is actually the only screen version I've seen, but it's a total hoot!  And the snark and sass these four men manage to just pour out of themselves without being dumb is totally the best!


Jim Craig - The Man From Snowy River (1982 film)


*sighs* 
Jim Craig is just totally and absolutely amazingly awesome!!  And look at that grin!!


Merlin - Merlin (British TV Show 2008/12)


So first of all, I think I've mentioned before that I am extremely partial to Irish actors?  Well I am, but that is only a small part of why I like this Merlin. ;)  There is something very compelling about the tale of this young man full of magic who comes to a place where it is absolutely forbidden and watching him struggle to not only survive there, but to save those around him from the darkness.  And Colin Morgan is just plain awesome!  I just wish they had ended the show differently.

Well, that is all for today, folks!  Be sure to check out Rebekah's post (linked in her name at the top of this post) and tell us what you think!


12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I grinned so wide when I saw Jim Craig. I love that movie (and that man) so so much - I grew up watching Man from Snowy River, it's still one of my very favorite westerns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I saw it 'til I was about 14-15 somewhere in there. It's so good and I watch it as often as possible!! I think it might actually be my favorite western!

      Delete
  2. Love your post Erudessa !! I'm gonna have to check out Merlin, he seems like a great character!
    You and your kdrama boys 😉🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitten! IT's a great show, but it's very magicy and pretty intense at times, so be warned.

      XD

      Delete
  3. I've seen many of these movies! That's the best version of three musketeers - I haven't read the book either and don't really want to, lol. I still haven't seen the Merlin show but now I wonder if I even want to when you say the ending is bad ;0

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I really need to watch TTM again! We got it for Mom for Christmas, so we have it around.

      The last few seasons are really lame. They should have handled it differently.

      Delete
  4. All of these guys seem great, I need to watch some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, how who doesn't love Zorro? I haven't seen that TV show, but I have seen other movies. Oh, I saw The Man From Snowy River last year, and I love it! Jim is the best. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've seen clips from a few Zorro movies, but unfortunately haven't been able to actually watch the entire thing.

      Eee!! It's the best!!

      Delete
  6. This looks like a fun series! Lists are always neat :D

    I haven't seen any of the old TV show version of Zorro, but I did like some of the Antonio Banderas movies.

    Ooh, and I'm kind of interested in the Three Musketeers film! The cast seems really cool, so. :D

    Fun post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD

      I've seen a few clips from those movies and they look like an absolute HOOT!! I can't wait to watch them!

      GIRL!! You HAVE to watch that movie! It's one of the darned funniest things ever made!!

      Delete