Wednesday, November 18, 2015

White Christmas ~ 1954

Another Christmas movie guys!!!  I first saw this movie 2 years ago and immediately fell in love with it.  Last Saturday, the whole family watched a Nature documentary, then the kids went to bed, Mel went off to Writer's Land, Mom went off to do something (I don't know what) and I cuddled up with Frank to watch this movie.  I had forgotten how funny it was!



WHITE CHRISTMAS (1954):  

Dynamite entertainers Bob Wallace and Phil Davis as a favor to an old army pal, go to watch a performance of  sister entertainers, the Haynes Sisters.  When Phil sees how smitten Bob is with the older Haynes sister, Betty, he decides to hook them up....and gets the younger sister, Judy to help him.  But sometimes, scheming like that can make more trouble then good.



For some reasons this movie effects me differently then most Christmas movies.  It has this whole different feel to it, at least for me.  This movie puts me into the Christmas spirit in a way that no other Christmas movie does.  When ever I watch it, I almost expect the house to be decked with greens and I can almost smell Christmas cookies in the air.  I have know idea why it is that way!!!  Another reason I love this movie a lot, is because most of it takes place in Vermont.  And I LOVE Vermont!!  I have this overwhelming desire to live in a rambling old (like built in the late 1800's or early 1900's) farmhouse in the Vermont hills.  So now I shall share with all of you, the movie!!



Main Characters

Bob Wallace ~ Hero

Bing Crosby:  


Phil Davis ~ Hero

White Christmas (1954).:  

Betty Haynes ~ Heroine

 :  

Judy Haynes ~ Heroine

 :


Wallace and Davis

White Christmas: Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby:  

The Haynes Sisters

 :  

Bob & Betty

 :  

Phil & Judy

 :  


And then lets talk about the AMAZING costumes in this movie!!  Designed by Edith Head.

White Christmas: Rosemary Clooney:
Love this dress!


 :
This is my second favorite outfit of Judy's.


 :
I like Betty's dress (right) better then Judy's.


 :
This dress is cool too.  Especially how the skirts flares out.


"Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters!" Rosemary Clooney & Vera Ellen in the 1954 movie White Christmas.:  

 :  

 :
I want a dress like this some day.


 :  

 :  

 :
This is my favorite of Judy's outfits.


And some random pictures from it.

Sisters, Sisters...there were never such devotes sisters!:
"Sisters, Sisters, there never were such devoted sisters!"


Still of Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen in White Christmas:  

"Don't you find me amusing, gay, charming?" -Judy "Sure, but I feel the same way about my cocker spaniel." -Phil:
Judy ~ Don't you find me amusing, gay, charming?"   Phil ~ "Sure, but I feel the same way about my cocker spaniel!"




 :  

 :
Phil and Judy look FAR too smug!!


White Christmas: Vera-Ellen and Danny Kaye:
Vera Ellen's (Judy) dancing is astounding!!!

Other then the fact that some of the costumes are a wee bit revealing, it is a very good movie.  Hoped you all enjoyed this!!


2 comments:

  1. I need to watch it agaaaaaaain! I NEED TO. Thanks for this, all the pictures were awesome. And I'd forgotten those lines;D

    Wonderful review, m'dear!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I have always considered myself rubbish at reviews!!

      Delete