Monday, March 14, 2016

Inkling Explorations Link Up // March 2016

I am joining up with Heidi Peterson's Inkling Explorations this month.  It is my first time and I also read the subject wrong.  I thought that it said, 'A scene involving a post office in a film', but it really says, 'A scene involving a letter, package or post office in film'.  So, because of my mistake, I have been wracking my brains out trying to think of a 'post office' scene.  I finally thought of the scene from Emma 2009 when John Knightley and his boys met Jane Fairfax going to the Post Office in the rain.  Since I re-read the post, I have dozens of other options, but I think that I am still going to do that scene.


Emma 2009: Jane Fairfax in the Rain

So the three things I love the most about this scene.

 3. Henry and James Knightley.  They aren't very important, but I think that they are adorable and I very much enjoy the few scenes that they are in.  Sadly I wasn't able to find a picture of them from this particular scene. 

Aren't they adorable?




I'm afraid I don't know which is which.

 2. John Knightley and his attitude towards Jane.  I find the portrayal of John Knightley in this version very intriguing.  John doesn't come into the story very much and in the more central moments of him in here he seem rather grumbly.  But when you get him alone with Emma or Knightley he is different.  I really like the John/Emma moments and I think that he purposely went in the other carriage to give Elton a chance to propose to Emma because he soooo could tell that Elton adored Emma.






 3. Jane Fairfax's devotion to Frank Churchill, although we all know he doesn't deserve it.  She daily goes to the post office rain or shine to send him a letter.  It is so sweet.  

See!  And her bonnet is really pretty.  Oh and you can see a wee bit of the boys in the corner.

Thank you all for reading my blog.



6 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you did this one! Definitely one of my top favoritest scenes ever. Yes, indeed... I like John Knightley a lot, too. And this little "passing the time of day" moment in the rain is sooo perfect. *smiles* It's been awhile and now you're really making me want to watch this whole movie again immediately. ;D I'm so glad you were able to join in the link-up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! It was a lot of fun joining, and I am looking forward to doing more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice! I know, I love the little boys when they come in, and I love this portrayal of John, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must watch this. And my library FINALLY has it! So I'm hoping to see it later this spring :-)

    ReplyDelete