Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my "things I'm thankful for" list every year. It's hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2016 (but most of them are re-reads) and am thankful for.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ~ It made me extremely thankful that I do not have to go through what the characters do. It's a very good book to read on Thanksgiving day!
- These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer ~ Because it is an excellent portrayal of how people can change.
- The Wheat Princess by Jean Webster ~ Mostly the same reason as These Old Shades. And something else that I can't quite put into words. (Plus it's set in Italy so.... :))
- Chip, of the Flying U by B.M. Bower ~ Because it can always make me laugh when I am feeling down.
- Dear Enemy by Jean Webster ~ The same reason as Chip, of the Flying U. Also because it is another very good portrayal of how people can change..
Speaking of more reading, here's one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 25-28. There's literally something for everyone. Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. Don't know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2016 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017?