Saturday, July 2, 2016

"Life In the Old Green Valley..."

  It's Saturday night and as I was sitting here going through my blog feed and eating my peanut butter/honey/cocoa powder/coconut mixture (it's really yummy and healthier then potato chips), I thought, "You know, I really should write a post about what I have been doing lately.  So far, I haven't done very much this month....but that might have something to do with the fact that this month has barely begun!  But last month...I did do a fair amount last month.

  Besides absolutely roasting in the heat (seriously, on June first, the temp hit 80 Fahrenheit and hasn't gone down since), I went to my nephew's dedication....wait....did I even tell you all that I have a nephew now?  I don't think I did!!  He was born in May and is the sweetest little thing!!  Before I saw him at his dedication, I got to baby-sit him and his sister for most of a day.  It was a lot of fun.  See their mother, my older sister Bobbie, cleans this big, fancy lodge sometimes and she had to clean, her cleaning partner wasn't able to help, my brother-in-law had to do outside work at the lodge and my niece (16 months) and my nephew (1 month) weren't being very co-operative!  So she came and picked me up, and the kids and I had a really good time.  And this lodge was AMAZING!!  I really love cooking and the kitchen was to DIE for!!  Not to mention the whole place was just wonderful!!  The bedrooms, the living-room and it is right next to a lake and has a sweet outside fire-pit!!
  I have also gone grocery shopping multiple times with Mom and we bought these delicious Cappuccinos at the gas station!!  Ok, well I had Cappuccino, she had Hot Cocoa, she doesn't like coffee.  And I know, some of you are probably asking WHY I was having a Cappuccino in the above mentioned roasting heat?  Well I let mine cool off, I even stuck the rest in the fridge when we got home because it was too hot to drink in this weather!

  Let's see.  What else have I done?  Well I made homemade Strawberry Ice Cream!  It was really, really, really yummy and I am going to make Oreo Cookie Ice Cream tomorrow in preparation for the 4th when Bobbie, Logan and the kids are coming.  It is going to be amazing!!  I am just going to use the above Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, but cut down on the honey and use smashed up Oreo Cookie's instead of Strawberries.  I'll tell you how it turns out.

  I finished an amazing kdrama.....that officially killed my emotions for a few days. 

I mean SERIOUSLY!!!  This drama is amazing!!




Lee Yun Sung.  A sassy, storytelling little brat, but strong and steady when it comes to right or wrong and messing with the people he loves is a REALLY BAD idea!!  As more hen one person learns to their sorrow!



Kim Na Na.  Sassy, smart, sweet and strong.  And not only physically strong!  She is a Black belt in Judo and a Presidential bodyguard, so don't try pulling any nonsense on her!!



Lee Yun Sung and Choi Da Hye, the president's youngest daughter who he is tutoring.  She has a crush on him which he very much does not reciprocate and I love his sarcastic replies to her sentimental comments.



Na Na and her wise logic!! 



Yun Sung and Shik Jung Ahjusshi.  Na Na doesn't want to listen to their quarrels!! 



Ain't this boys fighting amazing!!



Yeeeee hawwwww!!!



Lee Yun Sung and Kim Young Joo.  These two are the reason my emotions were killed.  Not this scene, but it's their fault.

  And now I apologize for the outpouring of City Hunter pictures and gifs, but it was such an amazing drama!  Now we are on to another one, Descendants of the Sun.  The boys are Special Forces soldiers, and the girls are doctors.  It is turning out to be pretty hilarious.


Don't it look good?



Heeheehee!  Our hero, Yoo Si Jin.  So busy looking at the heroine, that he walks into something.  His best friend right behind him, isn't amused!



Our first lead couple, Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon.  Nice catch ain't it?



He is quite the sassy pill!



And our second lead couple.  Left to right: Yoon Myung Joo and Seo Dae Young.  When she helps him crash his ex-girlfriend's wedding.



Here they are again.  And this is one of the sweetest moments so far.

  And there was another dump of pics and gifs!  Sorry!!  And yes I have done many other thigs besides watch kdramas, but at 10:35 pm (when I should be in bed) I can't think of them!!

  OH!!  But this month I DID get to watch my first Leverage episode!!  And I love it!!  Hardison and Parker are my favorites!!

  Well so long for now!!  I really need to go to bed!!




5 comments:

  1. Ahhh congrats on your nephew! And City Hunter looks SO good.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun !!!!! City Hunters...wow..and that last one...I need to see them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You watched Leverage?!?!?!?!?! AAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHH. You should email me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One episode!! And I am trying to watch more. I'll email you tomorrow.

      Delete