Thursday, August 25, 2016

Book I Read In July 2016

Titles that have nothing before them are books that I read for the first time.

Titles with this ** before them, are books that I re-read.

 Titles with # before them, are books that I read out loud to my little siblings.

** Spice Box ~ Grace Livingston Hill
** Honor Girl ~ Grace Livingston Hill 
The Duchess of Dublin ~ George M. Baker
The Princess Pourquoi & Other Stories ~ Margaret Pollock Sherwood
The Girl Philippa ~ Robert W. Chambers
Orange & Green ~ G.A. Henty
A Place Called Home ~ Lori Wick
A Song For Silas ~ Lori Wick
A Gathering of Memories ~ Lori Wick
# Paper Crowns ~ Mirriam Neal (Mel read this out loud to me and Mum)
# ** The Last Battle ~ C.S. Lewis (read by Mel to all of us)
The Heart of Cherry McBain ~ Douglas Durkin
Adventures In Wallypug-Land ~ G.E. Farrow
True To the Old Flag ~ G.A. Henty



6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been wanting to read Paper Crowns! How was it?

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing!! Mirriam has an amazing talent.

      Delete
  2. Some of these titles sound so interesting!
    Would you reccomend The Duchess of Dublin? I got to go to Dublin on our trip and I might want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I would. It's actually a play, a comedy. Lighthearted and amusing. Here's a link: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/52512/52512-h/52512-h.htm

      Delete
  3. Two Henty books in a month, girl? wow. I've been dying to read Paper crowns...what is Orange and Green about? And what is The Princess Pourquoi & Other Stories ~ Margaret Pollock Sherwood about? oh... and have I told you about Brandon Sanderson? You have got to read his books!!!!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pft! I could do 5 Henty's in a month if I wanted to!!

      Orange & Green is set in Ireland during the Jacobite uprisings.

      The Princess Pourquoi is a Sleeping Beauty retellings with a unique twist and then there are a few other fairy tales in the collection.

      Delete