Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Country Life

Country life is beautiful.

Coyotes and crickets singing you to sleep.

The smell of fresh cut hay on a balmy summer evening or crisp clear morning.

Fields of sun ripened wheat waving around you.

Laying of your back and watching fluffy white clouds sailing above you with nothing to obstruct the view.

Deep blue night skies full of sparkling stars.  "Summer skies dripping rhinestones".

The smell of rain wet earth during a thunderstorm.

Clear views of the moon.  Have you ever looked the moon through a pair of strong binoculars?

Running out barefoot to bring in the laundry when it starts to rain.

Spectacular sunrises and stunning sunsets.

Spending over two hours on a Friday morning watching close to 1500 cows walk past on their way down from summer pasture.  Chatting and laughing with the cowboys and girls driving them.

Rolling and standing round bales on end.  It's really a lot of fun!

 Being lulled to sleep by the sound of raindrops pattering on the hollyhock leaves outside your window.

Country life is beautiful.


Disclaimer: Yes I do realize that not all people who live in the country are able to experiance these things.

Yes I realize that you can do some of these things in the city as well.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I wish I had a place in the country (or at a lake) I could just lollygag around, but I do love my home in the suburbs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there are times when I wouldn't mind a house in the suburbs, but I prefer the country.

      Delete