Monday, September 26, 2016

Fairy Nymph

via Pinterest

  Yesterday, I discovered something that saddened me a bit.  As I have mentioned before, I love Celtic Woman.  I was introduced to them 3 years ago, and their music has often been very encouraging.  It has also been a lot of fun to "get to know" the girls.  (No I have not yet been to one of their concerts, though twice they have been within 2 hours of where I live.  The tickets are just a wee bit expensive!)  Yesterday I learned that (although it happened a month ago), Mairead Nesbitt, the blonde haired, fiddling fairy nymph who first awoke in me the desire to play violin, has stepped back to focus on her own projects.  Now don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that she is fulfilling her dreams and moving on in her life, but she was my favorite member and I will sorely miss her.  I was sad when Lisa Kelly and Chloe Agnew (my second favorites) left, but their departure was nothing for me compared to Mairead's.  She has been replaced by a beautiful red-head named Tara McNeill who I am sure I will come to love, but I will very much miss Mairead.  She is still performing and recording and maybe someday I will be able to go to one of her performances and I am definitely going to by her newest CD.

via Pinterest
via Pinterest
via Pinterest
via Pinterest
via Pinterest
via Pinterest
via Pinterest

  Thank you Mairead for the talent and wonder that you brought to Celtic Woman.  You are amazing and Celtic Woman will not be the same without you.



6 comments:

  1. Máiréad is *so* amazing!! I was pretty sad when I found out she'd be leaving Celtic Woman, too! :'(
    But I do think I'll come to love Tara! Even though I'm saddened at first whenever one of the girls is replaced, I eventually come to love the group's new members, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!! Tara is going to be great. And I ADORE Eabha and Mairead Carlin.

      Delete
  2. Erudessa,

    I too was inspired to play violin by Mairead. It doesn't really feel like Celtic Woman anymore without her or the principle singers. I know I will enjoy the new member's talents, but they are evolving into something new and I will dearly miss what the original few brought to the world of music.

    Miranda Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I comPLETELY understand!! The current girls are amazing and sweet and when Eabha joined she seemed to bring back a bit of the original feel (she has a similar background to a lot of the old girls including Annuna), but it still doesn't have exactly the same feel, but then I wouldn't want it these girls to be exactly the same as the old ones if you catch my meaning.

      Delete
    2. I do catch your meaning! It will simply have to be bittersweet. Eabha is my favorite out of the new ladies for the reasons you stated and for her beautiful range.

      Delete